What is the "lifestyle"?
The "lifestyle", is a non-monogamous behavior in which both singles and partners in a committed relationship engage in sexual activities with others as a recreational or social activity.
Swinger Lifestyle Common Practices
- Arrive early or at least on time. It's not fashionable to turn up late to parties, as the night may have already got underway, and may it be people who have already began feel awkward walking in late, it may also be harder for others to fit in.
- If you're arriving late give the party host a ring and check with them, they may update him/her on how the night is going so he/she may walk straight into it. Be polite.
- This is an obvious one, don't take any one to a swinger party who doesn't know what is going on, it is very embarrassing for everyone, and probably may cause problems.
- Do not be pushy, if one fancies swinging with someone let them know in a nice, inviting way, if they say no, it is up to them. Do not ask them why, as this could be embarrassing and hurtful. If they decide not to swing with you, do not carry on and try to sweet talk them and flirt with them, as this may do a lot more harm than good.
- Alcohol. Most people like a few drinks at a party, drinking socially is fine, it may provide a good social platform to get to know other swingers, it may also help anyone relax. Overindulging is not a good thing though, as it may hinder for physical and mental performance, and is a turnoff for many people. If anyone need to drink heavily to participate in the party this isn't the lifestyle for him/her.
- Practice safe sex It is up to every swinger to protect his/her self and his/her partner. The use of condoms should not offend anyone, it is not saying one is dirty, it is simple a means to protect all swingers involved.
- Enjoy yourself probably the most important one, approach everything with an open mind and positive attitude, act out your fantasies, and enjoy yourself.
What to Bring
Unlike other events and/or parties where you usually just bring yourself, at a lifestyle event it is strongly encouraged to bring other items with you to accompany your experience. The following is a basic list of items you should bring with you during an event.
- Condoms (both latex and non-latex)
- Robe or lingerie
- Change of clothes
- Toiletries (i.e. deodorant, mouthwash, perfume/body spray, small towel, soap, lotion, etc.)
- Breath mints
- Novelty Toys